An experienced civil litigator, Vincent handles a wide array of civil litigation matters in state and federal courts. This includes representing businesses, corporations and individuals in probate administration and probate litigation, real estate transactions (both commercial and residential) and real estate litigation, title litigation, torts and premises litigation, and general civil litigation matters. Additionally, a significant portion of Vincent’s practice is focused on representing banks, financial institutions, investors and mortgage servicers in end to end default services and complex litigation.
Vincent has also served as Adjunct Professor of business law at the University of New Haven and currently teaches courses in Short Sales and 1031 Exchanges, and the Basics of Connecticut Foreclosures for the Dares Institute.
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, J.D.
- Hofstra University, B.A. (History)
- U.S. District Court, Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Litigation Counsel for Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, Chicago Title Insurance Company and First American Title Insurance Company
- Counsel to the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority in foreclosure matters throughout the State of Connecticut
- Conducted significant research in equitable adoption principles, ownership and holder of Promissory Notes in foreclosure litigation, fraudulent conveyances, the Mortgage Release Statute and Home Improvement Contractor’s Act
- Assists The Milford Chamber of Commerce, Inc. and The Boys and Girls Club of Milford, Inc. with corporate governance, compliance and other legal matters
- Co-corporation Counsel to Milford Progress Inc.
- Named to Connecticut Super Lawyers list, 2022 and 2023
- New Haven Business Times “Forty Under 40” Award in recognition of personal achievement and community involvement
- “Helping Milford Grow” Award for professional and community contributions to the City of Milford
- Ambassador of the Year Award, Milford Chamber of Commerce (2004)
- HOPES St. John Neumann Award for generously giving time and talent in support of Catholic Education at St. Gabriel School Milford
- Honorary Member of La Sociedad de Amistad (St. Gabriel School, Milford) in honor of volunteerism at the St. Gabriel School
- “Real Estate Transactions and Their Legal Effects upon Realtors and Attorneys” and “Foreclosures, Short Sales and Loss Mitigation: Providing a Road Map through the Legal Process,” presented to numerous real estate companies
- “Business Formation and the Law,” presented on behalf of SCORE at Platt Tech Regional Technical Vocational School and Jonathan Law High School
- “Estate Planning and Title XIX: A Discussion of the Probate Process, Creation of Wills and Trusts and Protecting Assets as an Adult Child or Individual,” presented to several local senior centers, assisted living facilities, and adult day activity centers
- “Ethics, Sexual Harassment, and the Law” as it relates to Licensed Massage Therapists, presented to several massage therapy schools
- “Bitcoin for a house? CT experts say to proceed with caution,” by Nicole Funaro, CT Insider (June 17, 2022)
- “In competitive market, real estate experts warn against forgoing home inspections,” by Nicole Funaro, CT Post (May 5, 2021)
- “What are ‘granny pods’ and does CT allow them?” by Nicole Funaro, CT Post (June 1, 2021)
- “Stretch Your Dollar: Investing in security cameras on your property,” WTNH (May 21, 2019)
- “Stretch Your Dollar: Considerable cautions for on-property trees during summer storms,” WTNH (May 1, 2019)
- “Stretch Your Dollar: Buying a Home Together,” WTNH (December 10, 2018)
- “I fell behind on my mortgage when I had cancer. Here’s how you can prevent it from happening to you,” Bankrate
- “19 Experts Give Their Best Advice For Home Buyers During Periods of Rising Interest Rates,” by Eric, Team Sztano (October 30, 2018)
- “Does a Pool Add Value to a Home? Diving Into the Pros and Cons,” by Terry Williams, realtor.com (September 11, 2018)
- “You Could Be the Fall Guy for Your Seller’s Lies,” by Danielle Braff, REALTOR Magazine (September 7, 2018)
- “Stretch Your Dollar: Protecting yourself when buying a home,” WTNH (August 9, 2018)
- “Litigation Draws Theranos Blood as Finger Prick Test Disappoints,” by Juliette Fairley, Pacer Monitor (July 31, 2018)
- Member, Milford Bar Association
- Member, Connecticut Bar Association
- Member, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Milford Chamber of Commerce
- Chairperson (2011)
- Board of Directors (2004 to Present)
- Executive Committee (2008 to Present)
- Ambassador Committee, (2001 to 2007), Chairman (2005 to 2007)
- Member, Milford Progress, Inc.
- Member, Devon Revitalization Committee
- Vice President, Milford Columbus Committee
- Home School Association President and School Advisory Board Member, St. Mark School of Stratford, Connecticut (2020-Present)
- Incorporator and Former Director, Boys and Girls Club of Milford
Vincent and his wife Tracie have two daughters, Shaelyn and Madelyn. He loves spending time with his family and competing in USTA-sanctioned tennis matches and tournaments.