Til is an experienced trial lawyer with a practice focused on the defense of complex tort litigation including premises liability matters. He has handled cases in every state court across NJ, all five boroughs of NY and also has a vibrant federal practice with matters in all US District Courts for the District of New Jersey. Til’s broad background includes working in multiple practice areas including insurance defense, commercial and contractual matters, the defense of complex auto and property insurance claims (including BI & PIP), medical malpractice and general commercial liability cases. In his prior roles, Til was the head of commercial and residential real estate departments and served large hospital clients by facilitating guardianship proceedings for patients in need. Til also offers Will and Advance Directive preparation services to individuals to aid in ensuring they can take comfort in planning for their family’s future. By using his knowledge of the legal system to work with individuals and businesses to resolve their problems in the most expeditious and efficient way available, Til has maintained his commitment to be a zealous advocate for clients in any situation.
Licensed in both New Jersey and New York, Til has had the opportunity to work with a variety of clients including individuals and small business owners as well as international corporations and large insurance carriers. He is a featured presenter on matters involving e-discovery and guardianship issues and also counsels clients on the management and creation of insurance
policies to reflect updated developments through legislation and case law.
- J.D., Syracuse University College of Law
- B.A., Seton Hall University, magna cum laude
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court of the District of New Jersey
- Successfully obtained a defense verdict in a federal jury trial on behalf of a large commercial retailer.
- Successfully argued to protect Defendants’ rights to unimpeded independent medical examinations in multiple counties across NJ.
- Successfully resolved hundreds of personal injury claims for business entities ranging from small independent businesses up to large corporations and insurers.
- Obtained key testimony in an examination under oath used by the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office to successfully prosecute Insurance Fraud crimes.
- Won summary judgment in the US District Court of NJ on behalf of a client, dismissing claims of negligence and avoiding hundreds of thousands of dollars in potential exposure for the business.
- Member, DRI (Defense Research Institute)
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Haydn Proctor Inns of Court, Monmouth County
- Presenter, Hunterdon County Bar Association, “E-Discovery”
- Presenter, Raritan Bay Medical Center, In-Service Program, “Guardianship Issues”
- Presenter, Coach USA, A Roundtable Discussion on the Decision Point Review Plan
As a longtime resident of the Jersey Shore, Til enjoys sailing and is a member of the Shrewsbury Sailing and Yacht Club in Oceanport, NJ. He is an avid football and college basketball fan and has attended the famous Haskell Invitational Race at Monmouth Park for over 20 years, including the opportunity to see Triple-Crown winner American Pharaoh win the race in 2015.