Bob has extensive experience defending professionals, and litigating insurance coverage disputes and insurance bad faith actions in state and federal courts in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
With over twenty years of experience providing advice to insurers with respect to insurance coverage issues, Bob has represented numerous insurers in connection with complex insurance coverage disputes. He also concentrates his practice on professional liability – including dentists, accountants, and brokers E&O – as well as product liability, construction litigation, and business disputes.
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D., cum laude) Suffolk Transnational Law Review Production Editor
- University of Rhode Island (B.A., Highest Distinction)
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, Rhode Island
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Successfully litigated insurance coverage and bad faith claims, including cases involving policy rescission and allocation of indemnity over consecutive policy periods.
- Represented practitioners in professional liability cases, including successful defense through trial and binding arbitration.
- Successfully litigated construction claims, and has obtained indemnification for clients pursuant to construction contracts and insurance policies issued to other parties.
- Professional Excellence in the Law in Insurance, Rhode Island Monthly (2019-2021)
Bob has considerable public speaking experience at seminars relating to insurance law, coverage litigation and medical risk management.
- Defense Research Institute
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
Bob enjoys playing music and sailing.