Paul has been actively practicing law for over forty years. He is an experienced civil litigator and trial attorney who regularly advocates for clients before Connecticut state courts.
Paul provides high production legal services to financial and banking institutions, management and reporting for portfolio accounts, as well as rapid resolution of commercial issues. Efficient, complex document draftsmanship is a particular area of pride.
Despite a large concentration on large volume or commercially complex matters, a significant portion of Paul’s representation remains individuals and families. He has overseen in excess of five thousand residential closings, five hundred wills/elder plans and weekly settlement of estates throughout Connecticut’s probate courts. Paul is equally comfortable at a corporate board meeting as among multiple family members discussing elder plans, wills and life directives.
No aspect of the law is more fulfilling to Paul than acting as counselor and corporation counsel for numerous Non-Profit Organizations including civic corporations and IRS recognized 501 (c)(3) charities.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D.
- Fairfield University, B.A. (History)
- U.S. District Court, Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Litigation Counsel for Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, Chicago Title Insurance Company, First American Title Insurance Company
- Counsel to The Milford Bank
- Litigation Counsel to Nationstar Mortgage, LLC
- Corporation Counsel Devon Rotary Club, Inc.
- Corporation Counsel Bridgeport Elks Lodge No. 3
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Milford Bar Association
- Served as Fifth President
- Executive Secretary (2003-2021)
- Member, Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, Bridgeport Lodge #36
- Committee Chair for Site Selection, Connecticut Elks Association
- Member, National Committee on Laws
- Elk of the Year Award (1986)
- Devon Rotary Club
- Past Secretary, Treasurer, President and Director
- Oliver Andras Founders Award for Rotarian of the Year
- Triple Sapphire Paul Harris Fellow
- Founder and Former Chair, Devon Rotary Foundation Trust, a 501(c) (3) charitable organization
- Milford Chamber of Commerce
- Director for 5 years
- Chairman Summer Concert series for 25 years
- Lifetime Volunteer Award (1995)
- Founder, Edward Meinket Foundation Trust, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization
- Past Director, New Haven Legal Assistance Association, Inc.
- Campaign Treasurer, Connecticut State Senator Gayle Slossberg
Paul and his wife Colleen have two adult children, Richard, a labor lawyer in Florida, and Daniel, a senior at Sacred Heart University in Connecticut.