An experienced civil litigator with a particular focus on premises liability, transportation litigation and insurance defense, Kristina has tried several cases to conclusion and has participated in multiple wrongful death trials. Additionally, Kristina has extensive experience arguing dispositive and discovery motions.
Kristina has also defended clients in all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including both private and court-affiliated mediations and arbitrations.
- Roger Williams University School of Law (J.D.) magna cum laude, Associate Editor of the Roger Williams Law Review
- College of the Holy Cross (B.A.)
- Rhode Island
- S. District Court, Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- Secured a favorable verdict on behalf of a major national retailer in a bench trial before the Providence County Superior Court related to a significant premises liability case on appeal from the Providence District Court.
- Obtained favorable verdict on behalf of a major national retailer in a premises liability case regarding an alleged negligent product display before the Providence District Court.
- Secured a jury verdict in favor of defendant, a national transportation company, following a six-day jury trial in which the plaintiff, a pedestrian, alleged serious and permanent injuries.
- Successfully argued before the Rhode Island Supreme Court in seeking to affirm the granting of summary judgment in a legal malpractice case based upon lack of causation evidence, and the inapplicability of the continuing representation doctrine in regards to the statute of limitations.
- Utilized surveillance evidence in order to counter plaintiff’s claims regarding the severity of injuries and undermined plaintiff’s credibility during a mediation before a federal magistrate judge.
- Utilized search of social media posts regarding plaintiff’s activities and the subject litigation in order to challenge plaintiff’s claims of ongoing disability during mediation.
In 2009, Kristina participated in a judicial externship with then Associate Justice Suttell of the Rhode Island Supreme Court, who currently serves as Chief Justice.
- “The Pitfalls of Pro Se’s”(Defense Counsel of Rhode Island, 2016)
- Moderator, “Investigations in the Age of Geosocial Data” (Defense Counsel of Rhode Island, 2019)
- Best Lawyers – Insurance Litigation (2022)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star in Civil Litigation Defense (2015-2021)
- State Membership Chair, Women in the Law Committee, and Retail and Hospitality Committee, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Board Member and Treasurer, Defense Counsel of Rhode Island (DCRI)
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association
Kristina studied abroad in the United Kingdom at the University of Sussex, and was also a national champion Irish Step dancer.