Kathy focuses her practice on education law and commercial litigation. She advises charter schools on all aspects of charter school operations and routinely offers strategic advice to school administrators and Boards regarding how to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, and administrative regulations. Kathy also handles complex commercial litigation matters from the administrative level, through state and federal courts.
In addition, Kathy has represented white-collar criminal defense clients in grand jury, federal and state trials, sentencing, and appeals. She has participated in a wide variety of internal investigations.
Kathy thrives on finding successful solutions for her clients by working collaboratively with them to meet their unique needs.
- Villanova University School of Law (J.D.)
- Villanova University (B.A.)
- New Jersey
- S. District Court, Eastern Pennsylvania
- S. District Court, New Jersey
- S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Represented schools in special education due process hearings.
- Routinely represents education clients before the EEOC, Human Relations Commission, and Office of Civil Rights.
- Participated in numerous internal investigations on behalf of schools.
- Defended a charter school in a lengthy non-renewal hearing.
- Acts as hearing officer in student discipline matters.
- Successfully represented a partner in a shareholder dispute.
- Defended corporations and individuals in lawsuits brought under the False Claims Act.
- Defended a law firm in a lawsuit for abuse of process in which summary judgment was granted in favor of the law firm.
- Defended a former corporate officer in a lawsuit for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Defended of a corporation in a breach of contract action.
- Participated in an internal investigation and investor report of a $100 million venture capital fund as a result of significant losses sustained by the fund.
- Successfully defended a criminal False Claims action in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania involving government contracts.
- Represented corporations, organizations, and individuals in grand jury investigations.
- Kathy has given presentations for the Pennsylvania Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Member, Federal Courts Committee
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association
- Yellow Belt Certification, Legal Lean Sigma (click here to learn more about this certification)
- Member, Fellow of the Academy of Advocacy, Temple University
- Member, Phi Delta Phi
- Named to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list, 2022
Kathy enjoys traveling, gardening, and spending time with friends and family. Kathy is a member of 100+ Women Who Care Chester County, a nonprofit organization for women making a positive impact on those in need in Chester County, PA.