Joshua is an experienced civil litigator and trial attorney. He advocates for and provides counsel to clients at every stage of the litigation process, from initial investigation and filing through jury trial and appeal in state and federal courts.
As a general litigator, Joshua has gained hands-on experience in a variety of matters, including:
- Personal injury defense
- Premises liability
- LLC and partnership disputes
- Employment discrimination
- Non-competition agreement enforceability
- Regulatory investigations
- Real estate use, boundary disputes, and zoning appeals
- Breach of lease for commercial and residential properties
- Investment suitability
- Consumer protection claims
- Copyright infringement
- Breach of contract claims
- Trust management and estate planning
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Published member of the Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
- Johns Hopkins University, B.A. (Psychology)
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- Defended employer in claims seeking emotional distress damages relating to psychiatric hospitalization.
- Second-chaired million-dollar case in the Business Litigation Session of the Suffolk Superior Court, with favorable outcome for client.
- Successfully argued appeal before the District Court Appellate Division upholding jury verdict in favor of client.
- Obtained preliminary order on emergency motion in Superior Court allowing homeowners to cure mortgage deficiency to stay in their home after improper foreclosure.
- Successfully argued spoilation motion in Superior Court resulting in the dismissal of entire counterclaim against client.
- Obtained dismissal based on finding of no probable cause in case against employer filed with the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
- Resolved claims prior to trial, through mediation and settlement negotiations.
- Volunteer, Legal Advocacy and Resource Center (2014-2015)
Joshua’s first job was at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.