An experienced civil litigator, Jenna defends health care providers – from pre-suit claims through trial – on behalf of local and national insurance carriers. She also provides risk mitigation consultation to health systems, including education and training programs for health care providers.
Jenna also represents clients in other areas of professional liability defense, premises liability, insurance litigation, health law, and assisting small businesses and/or non-profit organizations. She is regularly appointed to serve as a guardian ad litem in probate matters and represents parents in guardianship proceedings throughout Rhode Island.
In addition, Jenna provides witness consultation and witness preparation services, particularly on behalf of victims of violent crimes, such as sexual assault, assault and battery, etc. or witnesses in family law matters.
- Retained by a local health care system to provide risk mitigation consulting through regular education and training programs to all of its physicians on proper documentation.
- Obtained a Rhode Island Superior Court jury verdict dismissing a negligence and battery claim against a hospital.
- Obtained a Massachusetts Superior Court jury verdict dismissing a medical malpractice claim against an obstetrician-gynecologist in a case involving a shoulder dystocia
- Obtained a Rhode Island Superior Court jury verdict dismissing a medical malpractice wrongful death claim against a gastroenterologist.
- Obtained a Massachusetts Superior Court jury verdict dismissing a medical malpractice claim against an obstetrician-gynecologist in a case involving postpartum dilatation and curettage.
- Secured summary judgment dismissing a client from a putative class action.
- Roger Williams University School of Law (J.D., 2012) Recipient, Jurisprudence Scholarship
- Providence College (B.A., 2009) Al Lamey Endowed Scholarship
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Rhode Island Super Lawyers Rising Star (2016–2020)
Jenna served as a law clerk to George E. Healy Jr., Chief Judge of the Rhode Island Workers’ Compensation Court, in 2012–2013. During her judicial clerkship in the appellate division of the Workers’ Compensation Court, Jenna worked on numerous trial and appellate decisions.
Jenna represents families in guardianship proceedings through the Roger Williams University School of Law Pro Bono Collaborative and the Medical Legal Partnership in Rhode Island. She also serves as General Counsel to a number of non-profits on a pro bono basis.
- Board of Directors, Justinian Law Society
- Board of Directors, Endometriosis Foundation of Rhode Island
- Leadership Rhode Island (2017)
- Member, Rhode Island Women’s Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Committee
- Member, National Association of Professional Women
- Events Committee Member, Roger Williams Law School Pro Bono Collaborative
- Events Committee Member, Urban Collaborative Accelerated Program (UCAP)
- Events Committee Member, The Learning Community Charter School
- 5K Committee Member, Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation
- Trial Official, Rhode Island Legal/Educational Partnership
Jenna is an accomplished figure skater, and has performed at numerous figure skating shows. Her favorite baseball team is the New York Yankees.