Jason is an experienced litigator and trial attorney in the areas of medical malpractice, professional liability and general civil litigation defense. Jason has successfully represented clients in Massachusetts state and federal courts and before the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine and the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Dentistry.
In addition to his trial practice, Jason has provided risk management advice to health institutions, medical group practices, and individual health care practitioners.
- Boston University School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Southern California (B.A., cum laude)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
Jason has successfully defended numerous healthcare providers in medical malpractice trials, including most recently:
- A family medicine physician who allegedly failed to diagnose a patient with a brain hemorrhage from a ruptured aneurysm, resulting in death
- Heart transplant surgeons and a heart transplant coordinator who allegedly failed to recognize signs and symptoms of heart rejection, resulting in death
- Kidney transplant surgeons who allegedly failed to properly perform a kidney transplant procedure, resulting in a failed transplant procedure
- A vascular surgeon who allegedly failed to properly perform a microvascular toe transfer procedure, resulting in the need for additional surgery
- A radiation oncologist who allegedly failed to recognize and treat a herpetic lesion, resulting in herpes encephalitis and loss of vision
- A physician assistant who allegedly failed to instruct the nursing staff on treatment of a patient with a walking boot, resulting in a below the knee amputation
- “The Tripartite Relationship in Medical Malpractice Cases,” Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association, Medical Malpractice Division (March 5, 2020)
- “Connecting the Dots Between Trial Prep and Trial Practice in a Medical Malpractice Case,” Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association, Medical Malpractice Division (March 28, 2019)
- “Malpractice Prevention and the Surgeon,” Boston Children’s Hospital, Surgery Grand Rounds (June 27, 2018)
- “Deposing a Plaintiff’s Treating Provider & Examination of Treating Provider at Trial,” Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association, Medical Malpractice Division (November 29, 2017)
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
- Section Co-Chair of Medical Malpractice Committee for Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Best Lawyers in America, Litigation – Health Care; Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants (2023)
Outside of the office, Jason enjoys coaching his kids’ sports teams and is an avid college basketball fan.