David is a nationally recognized expert in education and disability law. He has represented parents, local school districts, school committees and the Rhode Island state education department on matters related to education and civil rights. David concentrates his practice on general education matters, special education, school discipline, civil rights issues, disability law, collective bargaining, labor issues, and alternative dispute resolution.
- New England School of Law (J.D.)
- Boston College (B.A., magna cum laude)
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, Rhode Island
- Primary author of the Rhode Island Special Education Regulations (2000) and Physical Restraint Regulations, and has published dozens of state education policy papers and technical assistance documents.
- Appointed to oversee a multi-year, multi-million dollar federal government education grant.
- Negotiated several multi-million dollar cooperative agreements between various state agencies.
- Represented hundreds of juveniles in Rhode Island courts as a court-appointed special counsel.
David founded the Center for Education Law, Policy and Practices located at East Bay Educational Collaborative in Warren R.I., which provides information to local school districts and parent organizations on education and disability related topics.