Chris represents and advises K-12 schools in Pennsylvania and New Jersey on all aspects of school operations. He has represented every type of school, including charter schools, pre-K-8, pre-K-12, regional high schools, vocational schools, and special services districts. His extensive experience encompasses all areas of school law including general counsel, employment, labor negotiations with unions, arbitrations, and special education. Chris has extensive experience in litigating matters on behalf of his school clients before state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
Chris also has extensive experience in successfully representing his clients in hearings and investigations conducted by the United States Department of Labor, the National Labor Relations Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the United States Department of Education, the United States Office for Civil Rights, the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, the Pennsylvania Department of Education, the Office for Dispute Resolution, the New Jersey Department of Education, the New Jersey Office for Civil Rights, the New Jersey Office of Administrative Law, and the New Jersey Public Employment Relations Commission.
In addition, Chris also has extensive experience representing state port authorities, police and fire departments, local governments and elected and appointed government officials, public universities, religious organizations, and hospital systems in labor and employment matters, collective bargaining/negotiations, and complex civil litigation defense.
- Widener University School of Law (J.D.)
- Saint Joseph’s University (B.A.)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle Pennsylvania
- Student Rights Update: Educating the Homeless Student,” Atlantic County Association of School Board Members (2018)
- “Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying/Anti-Sexual Harassment Training,” Egg Harbor Township School District (2017)
- “Open Public Record Act Case Law Update,” New Jersey Association of School Board Attorneys (2016)
- “Opening Up about Closed Session Meetings,” New Jersey School Boards Convention, Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying/Anti-Sexual Harassment Training; Egg Harbor Township School District (2015, 2016, and 2017)
- “Getting Personal About Personnel,” New Jersey School Boards Convention Affirmative Action and CEPA Training; Northern Burlington School District (2015, 2016 and 2017)
- “Common Pitfalls with Open Public Record Act Compliance,” New Jersey School Boards Convention 2015)
- The Honorable Nelson C. Johnson, J.S.C. Superior Court of New Jersey (2012-2013)
- Judicial Intern for The Honorable Carol E. Higbee, P.J.S.C. Superior Court of New Jersey (2011)
- Member, The Irish American Business Chamber & Network
- Member, The Society of the Friendly Sons of Saint Patrick
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association
- Member, Camden County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2022
Chris was a Division I rower in college and remains active in the Philadelphia Rowing Community as a rower and volunteer coach.