Chris represents and advises K-12 schools in Pennsylvania and New Jersey on all aspects of school operations, and counsels charter schools from the application drafting process through startup and ongoing operations. He also works with school administrators and school boards regarding issues such as state and federal compliance, student matters, school operations, and labor and employment issues. Chris also provides training for school administrators, school boards, teachers and staff on the laws and regulations that affect schools, their students, and employees.
Chris has years of experience serving as solicitor to public school boards of education and charter schools throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. In that capacity, he provided daily counsel to school administrators, public boards of education and charter schools, litigated matters on behalf of his school clients before state courts and state and federal administrative agencies, and provided trainings and seminars to school board members, school administrators, and staff members. Chris also has experience in representing municipalities, police and fire departments, and government officials in labor and employment matters and complex civil litigation.
- Widener University School of Law (J.D.)
- Saint Joseph’s University (B.A.)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Student Rights Update: Educating the Homeless Student,” Atlantic County Association of School Board Members (2018)
- “Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying/Anti-Sexual Harassment Training,” Egg Harbor Township School District (2017)
- “Open Public Record Act Case Law Update,” New Jersey Association of School Board Attorneys (2016)
- “Opening Up about Closed Session Meetings,” New Jersey School Boards Convention, Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying/Anti-Sexual Harassment Training; Egg Harbor Township School District (2015, 2016, and 2017)
- “Getting Personal About Personnel,” New Jersey School Boards Convention Affirmative Action and CEPA Training; Northern Burlington School District (2015, 2016 and 2017)
- “Common Pitfalls with Open Public Record Act Compliance,” New Jersey School Boards Convention 2015)
- The Honorable Nelson C. Johnson, J.S.C. Superior Court of New Jersey (2012-2013)
- Judicial Intern for The Honorable Carol E. Higbee, P.J.S.C. Superior Court of New Jersey (2011)
- Member, The Irish American Business Chamber & Network
- Member, The Society of the Friendly Sons of Saint Patrick
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association
- Member, Camden County Bar Association
Chris was a Division I rower in college and remains active in the Philadelphia Rowing Community as a rower and volunteer coach.