A member of our education law team in Pennsylvania, Adam represents and advises schools from the application drafting process through startup and ongoing operations, including contract negotiation, procurement processes, and charter school application renewal.
Prior to joining the firm, Adam served as Assistant Counsel in the Pennsylvania Governor’s Office of General Counsel for the Department of Education. In this role, he was responsible for the following:
- Advising the Department on transactional matters
- Negotiating programmatic and legal issues during the procurement process with vendors such as assessment organizations and companies, hosting platforms, consultants, and others
- Reviewing and facilitating contracts through the various approval processes, developing more efficient methods to route contracts, and ensuring contracts comply with all necessary Federal and State statutes, regulations, and guidance
- Advising the State Charter School Appeal Board in matters regarding issuing and revoking charter school applications
- Assisting with managing the charter funding docket, responding to procedural questions from districts and charter schools, and defending actions of the Division of Subsidy Administration
During law school, Adam served as a legal intern in a local law office where he drafted petitions related to estate law and guardianship hearings. He also served as a legal extern for the Pennsylvania Governor’s Office of General Counsel where he worked on matters related to educator discipline and administrative appeals.
- Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law (J.D.)
- Temple University (B.A., cum laude)
- Represented the Department in an administrative appeal of a decision of a subordinate officer regarding charter school funding tuition rates.
- Successfully represented the Department in an administrative appeal by a school district regarding the denial of the district’s application for the recently enacted flexible instructional days program.
- Aided in transitioning the Department to an electronic contract routing process.
- Advised the Department on issues related to home education programs and addressed questions related to legislation enacted in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Member, Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Equity and Inclusion Task Force (2019-2021)
- Member, Pennsylvania Governor’s LGBTQ Work Group (2019-2021)
- Legal Aid and Translator Co-Op Placement, Nationalities Service Center Immigrant and Refugee Service Organization (2018)
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Education Law (2023)
Adam is an avid Philadelphia Eagles fan, enjoys watching television shows with his wife, Sadaka, and travels as often as he can to visit family in Egypt.