Barton Gilman provides experienced legal guidance to assist YouTubers, bloggers, vloggers, video gamers and social media influencers in protecting their talent, content and brand. As creatives and performers, your time, abilities and resources need to be safeguarded in order to grow into high-paying brand deals, sponsorships, and full-fledged businesses.
Below are some of the legal services we offer to creatives and performers:
- Understanding how copyright laws protect your online content and reduce your risk of infringement when you use others’ content.
- Evaluating and negotiating a talent contract you have been asked to sign and, alternatively, drafting new contracts.
- Assisting our clients in exiting and terminating contacts and business relationships that no longer serve our clients’ interests.
- Advising and assisting you in incorporating or forming a LLC, and developing strategic partnerships.
- Protecting your privacy, and ensuring your compliance with federal, state and specific media platform’s privacy laws.
- Reviewing sponsorship, endorsement, agency, hosting or co-branding deals.
- Ensuring your endorsements and sponsored content complies with Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regulations.
- Developing employment and independent contractor agreements for clients who seek to hire others for their expanding businesses.
- Providing mediation or litigation support if necessary.
While you love your chosen creative outlet – gaming, blogging, vlogging, influencing, YouTubing – we equally love the law. We can help you to focus on your passion, while we focus on your legal needs.