Barton Gilman’s criminal defense practice, led by attorney Rui P. Alves, has a successful track record of providing results-oriented criminal defense representation for our clients. If you have been arrested or are currently being investigated for charges, our experienced team can help you navigate the often complex state and federal criminal justice systems in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
Whether you have been charged with a serious felony or a minor misdemeanor, Barton Gilman brings the same expertise and dedication to your case. From the moment you hire us, we will begin to formulate a plan of defense based upon the facts of your case and the controlling law. We then provide realistic advice on what you can expect to encounter from the moment you enter the courthouse, until your case is resolved. Our knowledge extends beyond the law to local procedures and day-to-day courthouse developments.
We have successfully represented clients in all aspect of criminal defense matters ranging from capital offenses to simple misdemeanors and traffic violations, including:
- DUI/OUI/drunk driving, driving under the influence
- Domestic assault and battery
- Drug crimes, including possession, possession with intent to deliver, delivery, trafficking, cultivation, and manufacture of cocaine, marijuana, crack, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, etc.
- White collar crime, including fraud and embezzlement
- Sex crimes, including rape, child molestation and lewd conduct
- Violent crime, including murder, homicide, manslaughter, assault, robbery, etc.
- Traffic offenses
- Post-conviction relief, appeals
- All other felonies and misdemeanors
- Expungement of criminal records
Barton Gilman can help you limit your risk of facing incarceration, hefty fines, probation, license suspension, community service, and other penalties, as well as help you determine whether your prior criminal charges and/or convictions are eligible to be expunged. A free initial consultation is available by calling 888.273.9903 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.