School Choice Voice
The School Choice Voice is where education reformers connect, collaborate, and engage in discourse around the changing landscape of public schools all in an effort to support better opportunities for kids, particularly those that have been historically disadvantaged. Our efforts are coordinated by Matt Plain, a teacher-turned-attorney and partner at Barton Gilman. Barton Gilman serves public schools of various shapes and sizes from Massachusetts to Maryland.
Barton Gilman, with its significant geographic reach, is connected to a vast array of participants in the education reform movement. Interestingly, at Barton Gilman we continue to learn that, though we are connected and have access to these reformers, these reformers are not necessarily connected to each other. To address this, we’ve created the School Choice Voice ecosystem, consisting of our podcast, social media group, blog, and newsflashes. Our flagship podcast catalyzes this online community’s emergence, engaging listeners, contributors, commentators, and guests in a unified School Choice Voice goal: facilitating informed discussion about school choice and supporting better opportunities for kids from all economic, societal and racial backgrounds.
School Choice Voice
- School Choice Voice – Episode #1 – Nina Rees, National Alliance for Public Charter Schools
- Education Reform Blog: How American Public Schools Handled the 1918 Pandemic versus COVID-19
- The Education Reform Primer: Our history with standardized testing
- The Education Reform Primer: The Growth of NEA and AFT Membership in the Early 20th Century
- The Education Reform Primer: Career and Technical Education (CTE) – From Agriculture to STEAM
- The Education Reform Primer: The federal government’s early involvement, and deleterious impact, on public school education
- The Education Reform Primer: Was it a Republican President who first advocated for universal education?
- The Education Reform Primer: John Dewey’s ground-breaking approach to education
- The Education Reform Primer: The Origin of School Attendance Laws in the United States
- The Education Reform Primer: How did Horace Mann reform public school education?
- The Education Reform Primer: The Early Days of Education in America
- The Education Reform Primer: How did it all begin?