Eleven Barton Gilman attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the Rhode Island Monthly 2020 Professional Excellence in the Law, a directory of leading Rhode Island attorneys who are evaluated on various measures of peer recognition and professional achievement. Those listed include:
- Rui P. Alves, Adoption, Marital & Family Law
- Angela L. Carr, Civil Trial
- Alexander Chiulli, Intellectual Property Rights
- Francis A. Connor III, Arbitration & Mediation
- Gregory N. Hoffman, Adoption, Marital & Family Law
- Erica S. Janton, Adoption, Marital & Family Law
- Parish Lentz, Wills, Trusts & Estates
- Rita E. Nerney, Education Law
- Sheri L. Pizzi, Health Care Law
- Matthew R. Plain, Education Law
- Robert C. Shindell, Insurance
The selection process for the Professional Excellence in the Law directory includes peer evaluations, professional standing, and other data collected by a third-party survey and data company. Professional Excellence in the Law is published as a special section in the June 2020 issue of Rhode Island Monthly.
About Barton Gilman
Barton Gilman serves clients throughout the Northeast with offices in Boston, Providence and New York, offering legal services in a wide variety of matters, including medical and other professional liability defense, premises liability and business litigation, as well as education law, employment, family law, insurance coverage, trusts and estates, criminal defense, corporate formation and intellectual property. The firm and its attorneys have received numerous awards and accolades, including Best Lawyers, Best Law Firms, Best Places to Work Rhode Island, Outstanding Philanthropic Business, the Common Good Award, and Super Lawyers.